How to explain such facial Covid19 edema
- Just a facial edema in mid third and/or lower third of the face appearing 1 month after last endopeel session with a duration of around 2- 3 weeks, even under corticotherapy.
- Tiredness is mostly associated
- herpes labialis appeared in some cases
acute disease in apparently healthy individuals
- We do consider such symptoms like an acute disease linked to the Covid19.
- because :
- the main ingredient of Endopeel is bacteriostatic and even bactericide ( phenic acid)
- And in such case a fever or just the sensation of fever leads us towards a viral infection.
- Individuals asking Endopeel Treatments are mostly apparently healthy,
the answer may well lie within our immune system
and more specifically in how it responds to infections.
The cascade of deleterious effects
Essential agents of the immune system, cytokines (whose family includes interferons and interleukins, among others) are used in particular
- to inhibit viral replication in infected cells,
- to ensure the exchange of information between white blood cells,
- or to stimulate production cells of the blood system.
If the cytokines, as well as the inflammatory reaction which they produce, are essential to the good response of the immune system against a pathogenic agent, the problem arises when these are secreted in too large quantities, preventing any neutralization mechanism
This runaway immune system can then cause a cascade of deleterious effects, such as edema, fever etc ...
Moreover, it should be known that we are not all equal vis-a-vis a pathogenic agent, as regards the manifestation of the symptoms as by our capacity to eliminate an infectious agent.
This explains that patients will react differently.
There is a high variability in the immune response of healthy people, determined, at least in part, by genetic differences.
What we did
Valaciclovir or Acyclovir is a virostatic used also to treat herpes.
Paracetamol only in case of fever
Acetonide of Triamcinolone in rare cases
The edema disappeared 2-5 days completely after our treatment.
what we propose
Hydroxychloroquine is used in some chronic inflammatory diseases
Remdesiviris is a broad spectrum antiviral
Ritonavir-Lopinavir associated or not at the interferon is still subject to some studies
We could not till now experiment this treatment as we stopped worldwide any endopeel treatment when the pandemia was declared .
Anyway any antiaging or aesthetic medicine treatment is not recommended during any pandemia if not forbidden.
Monolateral Left Cheek Edema without Treatment
Patient male >65 years old had Endopeel Treatment one month before this picture was taken and used Endopeel since 20 years without any problems.He had some fever ,a dry cough .
Those symptoms disappeared as the edema with Paracetamol + Triamcinolone ( patient was informed about corticosteroids) in 4-5 days.
The patient didnt get any Covid19 Test but it seems that those symptoms were linked to the Covid19 with a high probability.